This program is for children in grades 3rd-6th at both the 8:30 and 11:00 services.
In the Methodist tradition, Acolytes bring the Cross, the Word of God, and the Light of Christ to the altar symbolically bringing Christ’s spirit into the worship service.
Acolytes also assist with the offering, baptisms, and serving Communion. For more information, please contact Katie Klumpp in Children’s Ministry
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Driveway is a Multi-Media Praise and Worship Service just for kids. We offer an inviting and comfortable atmosphere for K-6th Grade Students to learn and grow in their faith.
The Curriculum we use is built around 3 Basic Truths:
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
We also focus on a core virtue each month. Why virtues? That’s because they display God’s character. And when we live them out, not only do we understand His heart more, so do the people around us.
When: Every Sunday at 9:45am
Check In: Family Life Center/Driveway
Who: Kindergarten- 5th Grade Students
Children may be dropped off 15 minutes prior to the service beginning. Volunteers and Staff will be available to direct you.
SATURDAY EVENINGS, SUNDAY MORNINGS & EVENINGS CHILDRENS CHURCH AND NURSERY
Who: Infant – Pre-K
Where: Room 106 for drop-off & pick-up
Who: K-5thd grade
Where: Children are dismissed from the worship service in the Highway. Pick-up in FLC Room 105
Who: Infant – Pre-k
Where: Drop-off/Registration in Children’s Ministry Office
Who: K-5th Grade
Where: Children are dismissed from the worship service in the Sanctuary.
Pick-up: FLC Room 105.
Who: Infant – 5 years
Where: Drop-off/Registration in Children’s Ministry Office. Pick-up in Nursery Bldg rooms as directed
Who: Infant – 2 years
Where: Nursery Room 108
Who: Infant – 2 years & older
Where: Room 116
Would you like to be involved in Children's Ministries? We are always looking for volunteers to aid in ministering to the children of St. Timothy. Fill in the information below and someone will contact you shortly.
Safe Sanctuaries – Key Reference September 2018
Students and ministry are our top priority. These key procedures are needed to maintain safe and healthy boundaries:
Screening: Everyone serving in the children or youth area – volunteers and staff – must have a background check, interview, and references in order to interact with them, as well as Safe Sanctuary training with an annual review.
The Rule of Two: Those serving with children or youth are not to be alone in private with them.
Transportation: It is never appropriate for a student to be driven anywhere without parent/guardian permission and two adults in the vehicle. Preferably with more than one student.
Counseling – In instances necessitating a one-on-one basis:
• Written approval of parent/guardian
• Written notice to other youth pastors or staff
• Presence in building of other adults
• During operational hours where other adults are in proximity
• Preferred location: Youth Office or Highway Breakout rooms
• Neither Snapchat nor other forms of private communications are to be used.
• Text or other electronic communications by STUMC employees with children or youth will only be done by approved methods to include archiving and administrative review.
• Text or other electronic communications by Volunteers with children and youth will only be done within a group context with the parent/guardian or screened adult included.
We encourage you to report any perceived violation of these safeguards to the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor or SPR Chairperson.